It’s that time of the year, when we all want to come inside after fun fall activities to a yummy bowl of warm chili. Here’s our go-to recipe that is not only super easy to make but so freakin’ delicious.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 cans of tomato soup
- 2 cans of kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans of black beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of ground allspice
- Salt to taste
Are you ready for the world’s easiest directions?
Brown your turkey or ground beef in a skillet with the extra virgin oil.
Then throw all your ingredients into the crockpot
Put on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours!
WA-LA! It’s done, just like that!
Now scoop on top of a bed of rice with sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado and any of your other favorite toppings.
Made too much?
Don’t just let it go to waste. Place the extra into a freezer safe bag for up to 6 months (I’ve never actually waited 6 months… that’s just what google said so if your chili tastes dusty in 6 months don’t blame me!). When you’re in need of a last minute dinner, unthaw in the fridge and warm up in a pan or microwave.
Pro Tip: It’s football season ladies and you know what that means… your man spending his Saturday/Sunday posted up asking for snacks every hour.
Throw this bad boy in the crockpot the night before game day
1. you won’t hear from your man all day
2. you’ll be wife/girlfriend of the year 🙂