If you saw my Instagram stories awhile back I mentioned that if you wanna show your man (or significant other) that you love them (or make up for something lol), make them biscuits and gravy! Well… I have a new game changer my friends!
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST!
What you need:
- 4 pieces of bread
- 1/2 brick of cream cheese
- 2tbsp of granulated sugar (for the icing)
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1tbsp of granulated sugar (for the egg mixture)
- 1tbsp of syrup or vanilla extract
- Fruit (for topping)
How to make it:
- In a bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, cinnamon and 1tbsp of sugar
- In another bowl, add the cream cheese (you may need to microwave it for 10 seconds to soften it up), 2tbsp of sugar and either vanilla extract or maple syrup! (I didn’t have vanilla extract so I used maple syrup!)
- Add the icing to one slice of bread and make a sandwich with both slices.
- Dip into the mixture. Not for too long to where the bread falls apart but long enough to coat both sides
- Spray for skillet or griddle
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and the cream cheese is gooey!
- Add your fruit toppings! 🙂 powdered sugar would jazz up the presentation if you have it!
This recipe makes about 4 French Toasts so you may need to adjust your recipe if you’re cooking for more or less!
Hope you love it as much as we did!